If you have been struggling to uninstall the game or wish to learn how to do it properly, then is for you. It can be challenging to uninstall a game, especially when it is a popular game such as Valorant. Read on to find out how you can uninstall Valorant step-by-step.
Table of Contents
How to Uninstall Valorant?
You may want to uninstall Valorant for a variety of reasons. Whatever the reason, you can find information about how to uninstall Valorant from your computer below.
Two ways to Uninstall Valorant
Complete uninstallation of Valorant requires two steps.
- The first step is to uninstall Valorant’s anti-cheat software Riot Vanguard.
- The second step is to uninstall Valorant itself.
The best thing to remember is that you must close all Valorant and Riot Vanguard software before uninstalling them. Ensure that Valorant has been properly closed before uninstalling the software. Click the Riot Vanguard icon in the system tray, right-click on it, and select Exit Vanguard from the left-click menu.
Uninstall Valorant through Control Panel
The game should be properly uninstalled by uninstalling Riot Vanguard and Valorant from your computer as previously mentioned.
- To open Search, press the Windows key and S simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Hit the Enter key and type Control Panel.
- Choose Programs from the drop-down menu.
- The next step is to navigate to the Programs and Features section.
- Then select Riot Vanguard from the list.
- To uninstall, click the Uninstall button at the top of the screen.
- The process must be completed before proceeding.
- From the same list, select Valorant.
- Press the Uninstall button to uninstall the program.
- Restart your computer after the process is complete.
Uninstall Valorant Using Command Prompt
It is possible to uninstall Valorant using the command prompt if you are experiencing difficulties using the above process. However, you will need administrator privileges to do so.
Valorant-related applications, such as Riot Vanguard, should be closed.
- The Run dialog box can be opened by pressing the Windows key + R on your keyboard.
- You can open the command prompt by typing cmd in the box and pressing the keys Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Click on the Enter key and type in sc delete vgc.
- You can now enter the command sc delete vgk and hit Enter a second time.
- Upon completion of the code execution, restart your computer.
- You can also view the Program Files directory on your C drive (C:\Program Files).
- Remove Riot Vanguard from your computer by finding the folder and deleting it.
The following steps should enable you to uninstall Valorant and Riot Vanguard easily. I would appreciate it if you could let me know which method worked best for you in the comments section.
1. What happens to my Valorant account when I uninstall the game?
It is important to note that uninstalling Valorant will not impact your account or progress in the game. However, if you experience difficulty accessing your account after reinstalling the game, you may need to contact the Valorant support staff.
2. Will uninstall Valorant free up space on my device?
When you uninstall Valorant from your device, you will be able to free up the space it occupies.
3. Can I still play Valorant after uninstalling it?
It is recommended that you reinstall Valorant after uninstalling the game. Reinstalling the game will not adversely affect your account or progress.
4. Is it safe to uninstall Valorant?
There is no need to worry if you wish to uninstall Valorant. The process of uninstallation will not harm your device in any way.
5. How do I uninstall Valorant from a gaming laptop?
In the same way that Valorant can be uninstalled from a regular PC or Mac, Valorant can also be uninstalled from a gaming laptop.
6. Do I need to back up my data before uninstalling Valorant?
The best practice is to back up your data before uninstalling any software, as uninstalling may result in data loss. It is important to back up any game progress, personal settings, or custom skins you have saved in Valorant before uninstalling the game, as this may result in data loss. However, it depends on what data you wish to preserve.
7. Can You Play Valorant Without Vanguard?
Vanguard must be running simultaneously in order to play Valorant. By removing Vanguard from your startup programs, you will be able to disable it from running when you launch your computer, however, it will continue running as soon as you begin to play Valorant. If you exit Vanguard, you will need to reboot in order to begin playing.
Uninstalling Valorant is an easy process that can be accomplished using either the Windows Control Panel or the game’s own settings. The process of uninstalling the game may result in the loss of your data, especially if you have saved game progress, customized skins, or personal settings. It is possible to successfully and safely uninstall Valorant from your computer.